Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My "second" post

It is almost 6am and I sitting on my couch wide awake wishing I were still asleep. Why am I awake? Well it is a short story. You see, Ksenia (my 6 month old daughter) woke me up at 5am to nurse. Groggily I picked her up and laid her in bed with me, thanking the Lord that I could continue "sleeping" while she ate. After about a half an hour she was falling back asleep so I laid her back into the bassinet and myself back to bed. That's when it happened. Although I was exhausted only moments before and basically asleep while nursing the moment I laid back down I was wide awake. I don't know about you but it is during those wee morning hours when I wish I were still asleep that all the motivation to do things I wish I had during the day hits me. All of the sudden I have the strongest desire to shampoo my carpets, go running, organize all those papers in the guest room that need filing and start a blog. After much consideration and many futile attempts to fall back sleep writing a blog won out. 
I have never written a blog before. Well, that's not true. I have at least a half dozen blogs scattered across the internet with only partially finished first entries. So I will amend my statement: I have never successfully blogged on a semi consistent basis. I blame my lack of success of two things: firstly, my laziness. secondly, the difficulty of writing a "first post". I hate introductions. My whole life I have struggled with them. In school I loved to write  papers and could easily write 15-20 pages on almost any topic. The problem I had was starting them. In fact, most of the time I wrote the introduction last because if I tried to write it first I would spend more time on one paragraph than I would the whole rest of the paper. I always felt like an introduction needed to be the inticing summary of whatever it was I would be writing about. The problem was, how could I summarize something I hadn't yet written? This problem is magnified in a blog. I have no idea what my blog entries will entail so how can I correctly portray what this blog will be about before I even know? So I am asking for your patience. Please consider this entry to be my second post, not the first. I have no idea what this blog will be about or how often I will be writing in it. I suspect it will take me year of blogging before I will feel confident to write my "first post". 
So why now? I have been an avid journaler most of my life but my journaling has fallen by the way side the past couple years due mainly to children. I still consider writing down my thoughts and life events as important but have decided that in light of my current station in life, blogging will have to be my outlet for a time. 
For those of you who have made it through this far, congratulations! I hope I haven't bored you to tears. I will try to write as often as possible and maybe even make sense sometimes. Enjoy what you can and leave the rest!

1 comment:

  1. Great intro, Jess! I look forward to more insights from your wild life with two babies, any number of animals and one husband running around over there! ;) Welcome to blogg-o-world! :D

    ReplyDelete