Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The freedom of wheels!

I love being a stay at home mom and would not want it any other way but there are those days that I long for a little more freedom. Robert and I only have one car so when Robert heads off to work if I want to go anywhere it better be within walking distance! I don't mind most of time (I'm kind of a homebody anyways) but it would be nice to run to store with the kids during the day if I need to or go to a play date that isn't only at our house. So when I found out that we were going to be borrowing my sister's car for the two weeks before she gets home I was elated! Visions of shopping trips, play dates and random trips to all of the other places I always wish I could take the kids started drifting through my head.
We got her car on Saturday afternoon and I was jumping for joy! Come Monday morning Robert left for work in her car and I had the van and you know what I did? Nothing! I stayed at home with the kids all day and went nowhere. After realizing that I wasn't going anywhere I was angry at myself for not taking advantage at my short lived freedom but then I reviewed what I had spent my time doing that day. I had spent the morning making my family a yummy breakfast and then after cleaning up a bit played with my kids. I worked with Ksenia on her sitting up skills and read Titus a plethora of books. After making lunch for them they both went down for naps and I got a little break. I loved how I had spent my time. I could have been out doing all those errands I always want to but instead I spent enjoying my children.
I do plan on taking advantage of my mobility and have arranged a play date for almost everyday for the next week but the freedom to go places made me appreciate the fact that I enjoy staying where I am at.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! We had a phase with only one car as well...it had it's perks for sure! But I still treasure mornings where there is nothing to do but stay home and dote on my babies! :) You are a great mama, Jess!

    ReplyDelete